On the 13th and 14th of September CRPH/NUG Support Group Australia sent the following statement to accompany the global petition calling for recognition of Myanmar’s National Unity Government (NUG) by the UN General Assembly.
You can read that statement below.
Thank you to our endorsing allies
We give our sincere thanks to all who endorsed the petition and letter, including notable politicians, lawmakers, parliamentarians, and other dignitaries, including Noble Peace Prize laureates.
Thank you to the 251 international organisations who endorsed the petition and statement, we stand in solidarity with you.
The campaign for recognition of the NUG is not over!
The H.E U Kyaw Moe Tun will only keep his seat as the incumbent representative while the credential dispute is assessed by the Credentials Committee as reported in Foreign Diplomat – the campaign for recognition of the NUG is not over!
You signed the petition - Here's the next step!
You can read the letter that was sent below via email on 13th September and 14th September, respectively.
1. Secretary-General of the United Nations H.E. Mr. Antonio Guterres (dated 13 September 2021), cc’d in:
* Deputy Secretary-General of UN,
* Under Secretary-General for Legal Affairs,
* General Assembly President of 75th Session
* Elected General Assembly President of 76th Session,
* Head of Security Council
* Secretary of Human Rights Committee
* bcc’d all of the Permanent Representatives Members of UNGA and Permanent Observers of UNGA
2. Members of Credentials Committee and the secretariat of the Credentials Committee (dated 14 September 2021).